Kategorie-Archiv: Major Updates

Major updates (usually published at the turn of sprints)

It’s done!

It’s been more than seven months, since this project started and more than 3 months that you last heard of us.
This is due to the fact, that the Project’s official runtime terminated in the end of August and all teammembers have been rather busy with other projects since.

However, the results are to be displayed for one week at an exhibition, which got us to dust ours off and lay some final touches on it.
So we can not only display it to the local public but also keep our promise and publish it on this very website.
So, without further ado, I can finally speak the words, I’ve had in my Head for quite a while now: Continue reading

Posted by: Gunnar


It’s alive!

Hi guys!

First, I have to apologize.
It’s been awfully quiet on this site and I even missed to give you the obligatory updates on several Scrum-meetings. But we had our reasons. Also, for the lion’s share of our absence, there wasn’t much to talk about – so you hardly missed anything important.
Still, as we are actually past our deadline, i’ll try to explain what happened and let you catch up with us. There have been two major periods of time, that severely impacted the developement of Oaraph in the past months, so i’m going to tackle them one at a time. Ok, here we go … Continue reading

Posted by: Gunnar


Sprint II

Hey Guys,

Since our website wasn’t ready until two weeks ago,
I hit you with the update on our first sprint in retrospect.

Our updates are supposed to be on time with what we are actually doing right now.
So today I will talk about our plans for the second sprint, which we developed last week, as well as what happened since.
Again, we have a slight delay, but we’re catching up.

Continue reading

Posted by: Gunnar


Kickoff!

So, two weeks ago we had our first sprint opening.
The sprint will run for two weeks, giving us two „dayli“-scrums and thus a sum of 16 hours of workload for each team member.
Using the framework for the first time, we’re still quite unsure in all the rituals and rules that are Scrum.
We started by defining our userstories and grading them according to how difficult they will be to realise for the whole of our team.
Next, we picked the userstories we deemed most important and split them into single tasks.

DSC_0413
whiteboard sprintopening

DSC_0408
scrumboard week 1

One part that had to be taken care of wasn’t actually a user story, but still essential to the success of this project: The communication and presentation platforms.
As their preparation – including this blog – was a set of tasks in said two weeks, this first „update“ is in retrospect rather than anticipatory.
Naturally, we haven’t had the opportunity to publish some work in progress as well.


 A quick report on what we did so far:

  • We agreed the major features of our game, as well as the first prototype.
    (which can be seen on our about page.)
  • We went about or first tasks, including:
    • basic movement
    • a basic character model
    • a feedback system/ text GUI
    • a rudimental combat system
    • a first level, mainly to test everything

    and put this all together, creating our first prototype

  • Additionaly we set up a moodboard, to inspire our Artworks and Gamedesign
    since we dont’t have an office, it’s just a google drawing – but it does the job.

    Our virtual moodboard on the first day.
    Our virtual moodboard on the first day.
Posted by: Gunnar